Tuesday, December 15, 2009

2009 Pros/Cons

It's hard to believe another year has come and gone.. almost. So much has changed, especially within the last few months. This has been one of the more difficult yet fulfilling years of my life.

What better way to describe 'o9 than with pros & cons :)

PROS :D
- No one close to me died. For me this is magical in a world where you never know whos up next. This year it was time for some celebs.
- My family is genuinely happy, healthy, and together.. This year I felt more like a family than others, simply because we've all been in a better mental state. Granted my youngest brother - sixteen - is quite standoffish, and for the most part a complete asshole, but I attribute that to his age. At the end of the day hes our baby and we love the shithead. I was the same and so was my older brother, who is now twenty-three.
- I turned 21. I can go anywhere, and use my own idenity. Pretty sweet.
- I got my liscence. I set my mind to it and i did. Passed on the first try.
- I kicked ass at Stony Brook. Grades were higher than ever, I was involved in everything under the sun, and I've definitely made my mark.
- My relationship with my boyfriend has flourished. Never in my life have I felt so comfortable with and connected to another individual. He is my souls counterpart.
- Unhealthy friendships/relationships went byebye.
- I met some great people. No one I can call a best friend, but certainly people who have left an impression on me.
- Lastly, I made over my soul. This was a year of wisdom, compassion, and life lessons. While nothing from my past has been erased, I have definitely defeated some of my greatest demons...

CONS :(
- I didn't take care of myself. I didn't pay enough attention to my physical appearance and pretty much looked washed up this year. And I gained 10 pounds.. Boo.
- I scarificed my social life at SBU. (not entirely a con, realized i was in the wrong social circle kinda late)
- Lost some of my closest friends to a monster named Pettiness.
- Didn't save $$$, but then again thats nothing new!

That's all I can think of for now, but clearly the Pros outweigh the Cons.

2010 has a lot to offer and I'm ecstatic.


Enjoying the rest of 'o9,
D.

0 comments: